Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Sewing In

Well kids, it was a hot one! Summer has finally arrived and while the sewing was a little hot, we had a great small group of quilters gather for the June Sew In this weekend. We met our newest member Julia, who drove in from Yarmouth, and this was Crystal's first Sew In.


I just love hanging out with chicks who like to talk fabric and rotary cutters!

Crystal was on a Rainbow Rug Mug expedition

Karen was into some serious basting with tiny bias tape!

You never know what you will run into at Sew In. Sometimes it's is a giant tomato pincushion
Adrienne was into more Union Jack Pillows - she is not tired of them yet!
I also found this cute piece of handy work


and...Jennifer made some Christmassy cushion covers. Presents!

There were lot's of other fun projects underway too, but I must admit that the heat sucked the picture taking right out of me :(

July sew in - fans and popsicles people. Fans and popsicles.
Hope to see you there

July 12th
1 Prince Street, Dartmouth
10:00 am to 5 pm


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking pictures :) I had a great time! And thank you all for being such a welcoming group. Hoping to make the next Sew In!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad I couldn't attend. Our Sew-Ins are such fun and I look soooo forward to them. Looks like you had a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad that I missed it too. I did get a lot done on my own though!

    ReplyDelete